Ingredients list for the stuffed sardines
For 10 sardines:
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 pickled lemon in oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Thyme, salt and pepper.
1. Seed and dice the tomatoes and fry them in a little olive oil. Let simmer over a low heat to reduce to juice and obtain a smooth tomato paste.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the garlic, pine nuts, and lemon. Finely chop the basil and parsley.
3. Mix aromatics — garlic, pine nuts, basil, lemon, parsley, thyme— with reduced tomato flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Stuff sardines with this mixture and close with toothpicks or a string.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 360°F (180°C) in a lightly oiled baking sheet. Of course, you can still grill over the BBQ! Serve with a peppery arugula salad and bread toasts. Enjoy!