- 2 small whole bass or sea bream, scaled and gutted
- 1 lemon, sliced
- handful fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, basil or oregano
- little olive oil
- ½ ciabatta, cut into very thin slices
- 50g (2oz) fresh Parmesan, grated
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 16 vine tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red peppers, roasted, skinned and cut into strips
- handful fresh basil leaves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- handful black olives
Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Make the croutons. Mix together the ciabatta slices with the Parmesan and olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Set aside.
Wash out the cavity of the fish and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Fill with the sliced lemon and herbs. Rub over some olive oil and seasoning. With a sharp knife, make slashes in the flesh. When you are ready, either barbecue the fish for 3 to 5
Mix together all the salad ingredients, serve the croutons on the side with the fish.