Servings 4units US
- 4boneless skinless pheasant breasts
· Marinade (substitute your favorite if preferred)
- 1⁄4cup soy sauce
- 2garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4cup onion, diced
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4cup rice vinegar
· Remaining Ingredients
- 1⁄2cup flour
- 2 -4tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2-1cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4cup cilantro
- Marinate the pheasant breasts overnight (or for as long as possible) in your favorite marinade, or mix together the soy sauce, garlic, onion, honey and vinegar for a yummy Asian-inspired marinade.
- Remove pheasants from marinade, and coat in flour. We do not rinse off marinade, or allow to drip off, so that the flour makes a nice coating on the pheasant.
- Heat a frying pan with butter, and place coated pheasant in pan.
- Allow to brown on each side, then add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, or enough to create some liquid on the bottom. Add cilantro.
- Cover and allow pheasant to cook for 4-6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Don't let all the chicken broth cook off, or it could burn. Add more if necessary.
- Once done, take pheasant out of pan, and add chicken broth, a little at a time, scraping the bottom of the pan to create a gravy.
- Serve with rice, or noodles.
- Instead of chicken broth, use chicken noodle soup and some water! Or, Use your favorite marinate. Or, after browning, and adding liquid (or soup with some water), put it in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes - then proceed as directed.