The coastal towns of Spain reign with seafood delights with stews and grills. The succulent flavors eaten will inspire many a foodie to recreate these dishes in the comfort of their kitchen at home.
A good example inspired by the coastal regions of Spain is the simple and easily dish Atun a la Veroníca (tuna steaks).
|4||Tuna, 1/2-inch thick steaks|
|2||tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil (EVO)|
|1||Sweet green peppers, finely chopped|
|5||Cherry tomatoes, slice in 1/2|
|5||Pink Peppercorns, whole|
|1||cup of Mayonnaise|
|1/4||cup of Mustard, Dijon or similar|
- In a saucepan, heat up the olive oil and sauté the chopped onions, cherry tomatoes and green pepper until soften. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tuna steaks in well-oiled baking dish filled with peppercorns.
- In bowl, blend mayonnaise, garlic and mustard until smooth.
- Spread mixture on each tuna steak and cover the baking dish with glass top or foil.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Baste each steak after with the balance of the mixture and bake in oven for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Allow the top of the fish to form a brown crust and remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
- Garnish the fish with sauté green peppers, tomatoes and onions and serve