Grilled or barbecued sea bass flavoured with Garlic and Fennel Seed and served with a fresh tomato salsa.
- 100 g (4 oz) butter, softened
- 1 tsp Schwartz Garlic Granules
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Schwartz Fennel Seed
- 4 whole sea bass, gutted and scaled
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
- For the salsa:
- 200 g (7 oz) tomatoes, skins removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Schwartz Mixed Herbs
STEP 1: Combine the butter, Garlic Granules, lemon zest and Fennel Seed. Season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper and mix thoroughly.
STEP 2: Make 3-4 slashes into the flesh on each side of the fish. Rub the flavoured butter into the cavity of each fish and into the slashes in the flesh.
STEP 3: Place the fish onto a lightly oiled griddle pan, or over a medium-heat barbecue. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the fish is cooked through.
STEP 4: For the tomato salsa, cut the tomatoes into quarters, deseed and roughly chop. Place in a bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Mixed Herbs.
STEP 5: Serve the fish and salsa with cubed potatoes roasted with Thyme, griddled courgettes and peppers.