· 1 beaten egg
· ½ cup all-purpose flour
· ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder
· 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
· ½ cup canola oil
· 30 crackers, broken into crumbs
· 3 lbs fresh walleye perch
· ¼ cup milk
· ½ cup grated parmesan
1. Remove the skin and bones from the fish and cut the filets into single serving-size pieces.
2. Rinse them and pat dry.
3. Combine the flour and garlic powder in a bowl and set aside.
4. Combine the milk and egg in a second bowl.
5. Mix the crackers with the parmesan and parsley in a third bowl.
6. Dust the fish in the seasoned flour, dip them in the milk and egg mixture, and then finally dredge them in the cracker mixture.
7. Set them aside to rest for ten minutes.
8. Heat the canola oil in a nonstick skillet and fry the fish for 4 or 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
9. Remove the filets from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
10. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.