Skip navigation

FishingMobile

eing second in the tackle count against

Add topic

Saracens prop Mako Vunipola is hoping to take his club form into Englands autumn international series and is relishing a chance to get stuck into South Africa on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 1. The Saracens prop has been in impressive form and his recent performances in the Champions Cup earned him rave reviews. England vs South Africa November 12, 2016, 2:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass From being second in the tackle count against Toulon (his brother Billy was top) to scoring a great try against the Scarlets, it seems England have a prop who can do it all. And while he feels a little uncomfortable with all the plaudits, he admits that he is loving his rugby at the moment. Im not sure if the backs are getting tired of me always being in the way, but I am really enjoying my rugby at the moment, Vunipola told skysports.com.Scoring that try against the Scarlets was great but if I had a choice I would say its better to dominate your opponent at the scrum than scoring tries - if you can do that, then you can really give your team a platform to build on. Mako Vunipola scores a great try for Saracens against Scarlets Its tough these days though as you have to work really hard to get one over your opponent - but when you do, its a really satisfying moment.Its nice to hear people appreciate what I am doing on the pitch but rugby is not about one person and I am lucky enough to be in a great side who are all playing well.England kick off their autumn series against South Africa on Saturday and although they have not beaten the Boks in 10 years, Eddie Jones men are still the favourites to extend their match-winning streak to ten.The Boks are in a re-building phase and they have lost four of their last five Tests, however Vunipola says they are still one of the toughest opponents out there and England will have to be ready for a bruising battle.South Africa are a very physical side - you can never underestimate them, added Vunipola, who will win his 36th cap if selected. Watch Now TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Their record against us stands for itself. They may have slipped down the rankings but we know on Saturday that the best prepared South African team is going to turn up. They will be wounded after the Rugby Championship and have everything to fight for.Its always a big game between England and South Africa and we expect a very tough challenge. Form and rankings go out the window and its going to be a brutal challenge.Our coaching staff will analyse what the Boks have been doing but for us its a case of knowing what our game plan is and implementing that. We know what their strengths are - that physicality that they bring, so we will really need to match that.Strong DefenceDefence will be key on Saturday and Vunipola, who likes a tackle, says league coach Jason Ryles has given them plenty of ideas after joining the England coaching team for the autumn.Obviously I work hard on the technical stuff of a scrum and aim to get better at that but Ive also be working a lot on my defensive role with Jason Ryles, who has come in from the NRL. Hes brought in some different tackle techniques and given us a few ideas of what say the second man in does. Jason Ryles puts England through their defensive paces Vunipola was one of the stars of the summer series where England whitewashed Australia along with the likes of James Haskell and his Saracens team-mates George Kruis and Maro Itoje.With Kruis and Itoje out injured, Vunipola will have a different lock partnership packing down behind him but says whoever Jones picks will be up for the job.One of the biggest parts of international rugby is getting to know each other and how we all play. The quicker we can do that, the better - obviously playing with George and Itoje at Saracens has been a huge help for me as we know each other so well.Their injuries have been a big blow for them but we have Joe Launchbury and Courtney Lawes as well as Dave Attwood and Charlie Ewels. We are well covered there and the competition for the second row is really fierce.Down to a teeApart from working on his propping skills and defence, Mako is also a big fan of kicking the ball, which did not go down too well with England and Sarries team-mate Owen Farrell. Owen Farrell gives Vunipola some kicking tips during England training I like to kick the ball - a lot. I get a lot of stick for it and Faz used to get annoyed when I kicked all the balls he was using to practise with, said Vunipola.But Ive joined in with him now and hes actually given me one of his kicking tees. After training we have a bit of a kicking practice - we have a bit of a competition going but as you would expect hes totally dominating it.Hes giving me a few pointers and you never know, one day I may get the call!Watch England v South Africa live on Sky Sports 1 HD on Saturday from 2pm. Watch on NOW TV for £6.99. No contract. Also See: England trio up for top award Lawes winning fitness battle Stuart Barnes talking points Team of the week Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Outlet . First, Ivan Nova decided to have season-ending Tommy John elbow surgery. Then Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games for using pine tar. Stitched Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . 3. Trevor Ariza left them talkin about 40. Ariza made eight 3-pointers and scored a career-high 40 points to help the Washington Wizards win their sixth straight game, 122-103 over Philadelphia on Saturday night. http://www.cheapbuccaneers.com/ .ca. Mr. Fraser, It looks like Martin Brodeur is coming back to play for the Blues. I was wondering if you have any great stories or fond memories of your time on the ice with Brodeur - in the NHL, or maybe even the Olympics. Cheap Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Online . Red Sox outfielder Jonny Gomes, the bandleader of the beard brigade during Bostons run to the 2013 World Series title, said he will be shaving his off before spring training so that he can file it "in the archive" with his memories of the teams improbable championship. Wholesale Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Mike Aviles had a nice sacrifice bunt in the sixth inning that didnt result in any runs. One inning later he swung away with great results. Aviles hit a three-run homer during a five-run seventh, Corey Kluber went 6 2-3 effective innings, and the Cleveland Indians stopped a seven-game road losing streak by beating the Tampa Bay Rays 6-3 on Friday night. "Mikey always plays the game," Indians manager Terry Francona said. Cleveland got solo homers from Asdrubal Cabrera and Michael Brantley. Kluber (3-3) allowed two runs, nine hits and had nine strikeouts. Jake Odorizzi struck out a career-high 11 and gave up five hits in five shutout innings for the Rays, who have lost six straight at home. "Its just bittersweet that we couldnt pull it out," Odorizzi said. The Indians were 0 for 8 with runners in scoring position against Odorizzi. "It was hard to get things going early in the game," Aviles said. "We werent able to get that big hit when we needed it. We were able to get it later in the game." Brantley homered off Joel Peralta (1-3) before Yan Gomes hit an RBI single and Aviles had his three-run shot off Brandon Gomes as the Indians went ahead 6-2 in the seventh. "The game score didnt really reflect the way the game was played for the most part," Francona said. "We put together one really good inning." For the fourth straight game, the Rays staged a serious ninth-inning threat. David DeJesus had an RBI double off John Axford with two outs that made it 6-3. Ben Zobrist then walked to load the bases, ending Axfords night. Cody Allen entered and got a fly ball from James Loney on a 3-2 pitch for his first save. "Its a crazy game," DeJesus said. "We get the winning run on every night and we havent been able to pull it out.ddddddddddddWe just got to keep going." Cabrera, coming off a four-hit game in Thursdays 9-4 victory over Minnesota, had a leadoff homer off Brad Boxberger in the sixth that pulled the Indians within 2-1. Cabrera finished with three hits and a walk. After Loney hit a sacrifice fly in the fourth, DeJesus put the Rays up 2-0 on a fifth-inning RBI double. "Primarily, we have not hit," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "I mean, you look at the bullpen and we had one bad inning tonight, but weve scored 10 runs in the last four games." Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar left after the second inning with a bruised right thumb and is day to day. X-rays were negative. Maddons challenge of a double play in the first inning resulted in the call being overturned when a video review determined that Zobrist beat the relay throw at first. NOTES: The game took 4 hours, 10 minutes. … Aviles has eight homers against the Rays, his most off any opponent. … Indians 2B Jason Kipnis (strained right oblique) has been cleared to swing a bat this weekend. … Cleveland DH Jason Giambi (strained right calf) is working out with the team and says he feels good. … Tampa Bay CF Desmond Jennings, who went 1 for 15 in his previous three games, was rested. … Cleveland INF Elliot Johnson accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Columbus. … The Indians gave no indication of appealing to MLB a scoring call that gave Cabrera a double in the eighth inning Thursday. If he would have been credited with a triple in his final at-bat, it would have given Cabrera the cycle. "Im not too sure that it isnt a triple, but Im not positive it is either," Francona said. … Indians RHP Zach McAllister (3-2) and Rays LHP Erik Bedard (1-1) are Saturday nights scheduled starters. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply