Yellowfin Tuna Nicoise
#424 (In Topic #200)
Recipe: Tuna fish
- 4 (4-ounce) tuna steaks
- kosher salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces French cut green beans, ends trimmed and cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Kalamata or nicoise olives, pitted
- vinaigrette dressing, lemon or mustard
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- herbed goat cheese (optional)
- fingerling potatoes, boiled and cut into quarters (optional)
- asparagus spears, cooked (optional)
- Season the tuna on both sides with salt, pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat; add tuna steaks and sear for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Remove from heat and slice thin.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the vegetables with vinaigrette dressing.
- Place romaine lettuce on plates and arrange the vegetables, olives and egg slices around the greens toward the outside of the plate.
- Place the tuna steak on top of the greens.
- Drizzle a small amount of vinaigrette over the tuna and vegetables.
- If using goat cheese, crumble a small amount on top of the tuna.
- Nicoise salad should be served at room temperature or cold.
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.