Peppercorn Crusted Florida Tuna Steak with Sweet Potato Fries
#427 (In Topic #203)
Recipe: Tuna fish
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- 4 tablespoons peppercorn blend, crushed or course ground
- oil for cooking
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into fries
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary), for garnish
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add sweet potato, 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss ingredients to coat.
- Evenly distribute the seasoned fries on a full-size cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet on the middle rack in the preheated oven.
- Cook fries for 15 to 25 minutes or until fries are golden brown and tender.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Preheat a large-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the tuna steaks with salt and course ground pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preheated sauté pan.
- Carefully add the tuna steaks to the sauté pan.
- Cook tuna steaks to preferred doneness (tuna cooks very quickly and is usually served rare).
- Serve tuna steaks with sweet potato fries and garnish with lemon and fresh herbs.
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.