Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Mango-Banana Chutney
#422 (In Topic #198)
Recipe: Tuna fish
- 4 (8-ounce) yellowfin tuna steaks
- 1 (8-ounce) jar prepared mango chutney
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup bananas, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine chutney and water and heat to a simmer.
- Add diced bananas, mango and raisins to saucepan; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil stove top grill and heat over high heat.
- Cook the tuna steaks to desired doneness, turning once.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare center; 3 to 5 minutes each side for medium center; 5 to 8 minutes each side for well-done center.
- Serve topped with mango-banana sauce.
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.