Skip navigation

FishingMobile

Grilled Venison Bites (Deer Balls) (Cajun)

Add topic

Cajun Bites

Servings 6-8
Yield 20 balls

1 lb venison
1 lb bacon
16 ounces Italian dressing
1 -2 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning

Directions
Cut venison into bite size bits.
Cut bacon into 3-4 inch pieces. You may even want to cut the bacon strips in half, length-wise first, depending on the width of the bacon.
Wrap each chunk of meat with a piece of bacon, using a tooth pick to hold in place.
Place wrapped venison in a plastic bag and cover with dressing. Marinate over night.
Place marinated deer balls on plate and sprinkle with seasoning.
Grill until bacon is crisp, turning often. I found the easiest way is to use a fish basket, that way you can turn them all over at once. Another way is to use a skewer. No mater what method you use, watch for flare ups, since the oil in the Italian dressing will cause quite a blaze if you don't keep an eye on it. I walked away one time to get a beer and when I came back my balls were burnt to a crisp.
Back to the top

These venison bites are the hit of the season at my house. I am a deer hunting addict   I tried these and they are simply delicious. Did some for thanksgiving and they were a giant hit. Been requested again for Christmas. Don't tell anyone but we have already done them twice since thanksgiving lol. Got a whole tenderloin marinating as we speak for Christmas Eve. Thanks for a great recipe. I've cubed up about half a deer for this. The hams work great also. Just be sure to cut it right. Happy hunting and eating. And a big ole Merry Christmas 
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.