Skip navigation

FishingMobile

enjoy myself but stay right in the middle.

ReplyAdd topic

KAPALUA, Hawaii - Jason Day had all the trappings of a rising star when he made it to the PGA Tour as a 19-year-old with loads of power and no fear. Tiger Woods was at his peak, and the Australian teenager didnt hide his desire to one day replace him at No. 1 in the world.That was eight years ago.Woods is returning from another season interrupted by injury and has slipped to No. 34 in the world. Rory McIlroy is at the top of the world ranking, not nearly by the same margin that Woods once enjoyed, but enough that Day said he would fit the mould as a dominant player that comes around once every 20 years.The target hasnt changed. Only the name.Its not so much Im trying to get a rivalry out of these guys, Day said Thursday. I want the No. 1 spot. And the only way for me to get the No. 1 spot is to win. Unfortunately for me, Ive only won twice. But I still feel like Im young in my career. Im 27. This is my eighth season on tour. Back in the day, they used to say young guys were in their 30s. Now its in your 20s, which is true.But my goal is to get to the No. 1 spot, and I know I can only do that if I win, and win consistently.It helps that he at least is in Kapalua, where the 34-man field of PGA Tour winners from 2014 tee off Friday in the Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Day is playing for only the second time, and it seems as though he should be a veteran of the Plantation Course by now.Seven years have produced more injuries their trophies.Last year was no exception. Even as Day was rolling to victory in the Accenture Match Play Championship, he was coping with a thumb injury that forced him to miss every tournament but the Masters over the next three months.His back still flares up occasionally. He also has dealt with wrist injuries.So theres an additional goal this year — staying healthy. Day has put in the work on the gym and believes he can make it through the year in good shape. And he thinks if that happens, he can make strides toward the goal he has been talking about since he first came on tour.He twice has given himself good looks at winning a major — the Masters in 2011 when Charl Schwartzel birdies his last four holes to win by two, and the U.S. Open at Merion in 2013 when Justin Rose was rock solid at the end of his round to win by two.Equally important is keeping his brain healthy.The guy that Day stopped just short of calling out when he joined the PGA Tour — Woods — has turned into a confidante of sorts. They played together during the opening round of the Hero World Challenge last month, and Woods usually has a hand in the pairings. Day said he stays in touch with Woods through text and phone calls.I pick his brain about stuff, Day said. If you pick a guys brain, pick the best.Woods was the player he wanted to emulate when he first took to golf in Australia, and now one aspect of the game Day is trying to figure out is his comfort zone. He has noticed some players who are driven by high energy and emotion, and others who are at their best when they keep cool.Day figures he is somewhere in between.I remember talking to Tiger about being comfortable, he said. Ive got to try to find that sweet spot and stick to that. Im the guy who cant get too high or too low, to enjoy myself but stay right in the middle. When youre out there on the 16th hole at Augusta, its hard to keep yourself down. Thats what happened to me when I had the lead on the 16th tee. I had so many emotions going through my body that it sucked me out.Its something we have to learn and experience.Day (No. 8) is one of two players from the top 10 in the world at the first PGA Tour event of the year. The other is Masters champion Bubba Watson. Three others from the top 10 — McIlroy, Rose and Adam Scott — are not playing this week.Its a great chance to get the year off to a great start. The Tournament of Champions is the hardest event to get in, though it might be the easiest to win. Its a short field with only 34 players. Twelve of them have never seen the terrain of Kapalua, and some players are still shaking off the winter rust.Days coach and caddie, Colin Swatton, was at Kapalua five days early to map out the course and the greens that can be so difficult to read. In his debut four years ago, Day made a reasonable debut with a tie for ninth.I feel this year is going to be a good year, as long as I stay healthy and as long as Ive the will to improve, he said. Dries Mertens Belgium Jersey .com) - Real Madrid claimed its 20th consecutive win across all competitions by cruising to a 4-1 victory at Almeria on Friday. Romelu Lukaku Belgium Jersey . Interestingly, the culprits were not rookies, but well paid, experienced pros. The first gaffe came in the 24th minute of arguably the biggest early season MLS game in history between Seattle and Toronto. Sounder newcomer Marco Pappa, (with over 100 MLS games, and 39 Guatemalan Caps to his name) attempted a back pass to one of his central defenders. http://www.soccerbelgiumfansshop.com/Dedryck-Boyata-UEFA-European-Belgium-Jersey/ . Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions . Leander Dendoncker Belgium Jersey . New York (16-9-8) took over first place in the Eastern Conference and has the best record in the league with one game remaining. Houstons five-game unbeaten streak was snapped, and the Dynamo (13-11-9) are sixth in the East with one game remaining. Dries Mertens Jersey .Y. – Syracuses streak lives on – barely.WEST BROMWICH, England – Striker Nicolas Anelka announced he has terminated his contract with Premier League club West Bromwich Albion with immediate effect on Friday after being suspended for five matches by the Football Association for a racially aggravated goal celebration. The former France forward, whose career has been marred by controversies, was suspended last month for performing a gesture which is known in France as a "quenelle" and regarded as anti-Semitic. Anelka said on his Twitter account on Friday that he decided to leave the club because he could not accept West Broms conditions for being allowed back into the squad. "Proposals have been made for me to rejoin the group under certain conditions that I cant accept," Anelka said in French on his 35th birthday. "Wishing to keep my integrity, I took the decision to free myself and end the contract linking me with West Bromwich Albion until 2014, with immediate effect." In January, Anelka hinted that he could end his career at the end of the season but also mentioned interests from clubs including Lazio in signing him. Anelka performed the quenelle as he celebrated scoring in West Broms 3-3 draw with West Ham last December. The gesture involves pointing one straightened arm downward while touching the shoulder with the opposite hand. It was popularized by French comedian Dieudonne MBala MBala, who has been convicted for inciting racial hatred and anti-Semitism. After his suspension was announced at the end of last month, both Anelka and West Brom decided not to appeal the sanction. In Anelkas witness statement, the striker said he became aware of Dieudonne in about 20000, met him once, and watched recordings of his shows.ddddddddddddHe said he made the gesture "purely to say hello to my friend." Anelka, who had previously been photographed performing the salute, joined West Brom last summer after two disappointing seasons at Shanghai Shenhua and Juventus. The former Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Bolton and Chelsea player is one of the most talented and controversial players France has produced since former Manchester United great Eric Cantona. After growing up in a Parisian suburb, Anelka started his career at Paris Saint-Germain and was quickly spotted by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who signed him in 1997. Known for his immense technical skills, Anelka played a big part in the Gunners winning both the Premier League and the FA Cup but missed out on a place in the France team that won the 1998 World Cup. Anelkas sometimes nonchalant attitude and apparent lack of commitment to the team started to anger the Arsenal fans, who gave him the nickname "Le Sulk." Anelka then joined Real Madrid, where he won the Champions League, before moving to PSG, Liverpool, Manchester City, Fenerbahce and Bolton. The much-travelled Frenchman then struck up an electric partnership with Didier Drogba at Chelsea, winning the Premier League title and two FA Cups with the Blues. Anelka caused the biggest controversy of his career with the French national team, when he was sent home from the 2010 World Cup after insulting then-coach Raymond Domenech in the dressing room. The stubborn Anelka refused to apologize and ended his international career in the wake of the scandal with 14 goals in 69 appearances. Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '
Back to the top
Quote post (#2975)Report post (#2975)
There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply