Skip navigation

FishingMobile

games with the Rockets in Houston

ReplyAdd topic

PORTLAND, Ore. – Houston has a LaMarcus Aldridge problem. The Trail Blazers All-Star forward has been dominating with more than 40 points in each of the opening two playoff games with the Rockets in Houston. Portland is up 2-0 as the series moves to Rip City on Friday night, giving the Rockets little time to figure out how to defend Aldridge. He opened the playoffs with a franchise post-season-best 46 points in the Blazers 122-120 overtime victory, then followed it up with 43 points in the 112-105 win on Wednesday night. Rockets coach Kevin McHale summed it up best when he said: "So far, hes had a hell of a series." Aldridge found success in the paint in the opener so the Rockets adjusted – but so did Aldridge, who went outside to pepper Houston with midrange jumpers. Thirteen of his 18 field goals came from 10 feet out or more. "Hes making tough shots, hes getting to the foul line. Hes offensive rebounding. Hes doing the whole package and its tough for us," said Houston guard James Harden. "We gotta figure something out real soon. In game three, it is either we win or its over." Aldridge is the first player to score 43 or more points in consecutive playoff games since Tracy McGrady in 2003, and the first to score at least 40 in back-to-back post-season games since LeBron James in 2009. It almost goes without saying that Aldridge is the first Blazer with at least 40 points in back-to-back playoff games. "You can tell just by his approach how hes really dialed in and hes playing big. Hes really taken it upon himself to do all these things," Blazers coach Terry Stotts said Thursday. "Give him all the credit. Hes been wanting this moment for a long time and hes rising to the challenge." Aldridge acknowledged the team for his success. "This team in general just believes in me so much and they ride the wave so well," he said. "When Im going one through 15, they are all cheering and telling me to shoot it. If I pass up a shot, theyre all mad at me and I think having 15 guys having your back like that is great." Aldridges play has put Portland in charge as the team returns home. The Blazers havent opened a playoff series 2-0 since 1977, when they got the early jump on the Lakers en route to the Western Conference title. Portland went on to beat Philadelphia for its lone NBA championship Portland ranked seventh in the league during the regular season with just 10 losses at home. Only three teams have come back to win after losing the first two games of a seven-game series at home: The last was the 2004-05 Mavericks, who came back against the Rockets. Houston is 0-7 overall when falling behind 0-2 in the first round since the 1983-84 expansion. Dwight Howard said its no time to panic. "Weve played against Portland in the regular season and we were successful. We just got to play basketball. We cant look back. We have to stay positive," he said. "They (Portland) won two games but its the first to four and we cant let our heads down. We dug a hole but we can always get out of it." Howard had 32 points and 14 rebounds in Wednesdays loss, while Harden had 18 points. Harden was the leagues top shooting guard in the regular season, but hes 14 of 47 from the field in the playoffs for his worst two-game stretch of the season. Part of that is due to Portlands Wesley Matthews and Nicolas Batum taking turns at shutting him down. "Weve done a good job guarding without fouling and one thing about playoff basketball is that everybody has the every possession mentality," Stotts said. "We didnt fall asleep on him and I dont think he got a lot of easy looks and every great player in this league, you just want to make them work and I think Nick and Wes in particular really have made him work." For his part, Harden isnt really concerned about a slump. Hes more focused on the Blazers – and stopping Aldridge. "Im not worried about my offence, Im worried about our defence, our defence as a team. When we get stops and get out in transition everybody feels good about themselves and thats when the assists flow in and things start going well," he said. "If we cant get stops it makes it more difficult. They are a very good team." Air Max 90 Outlet . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win. White Air Max 90 Online . Villarreals victory in Valencia kept it in fourth place and in control of Spains last Champions League spot. Uche broke free in the area in the 10th minute and was brought down by goalkeeper Keylor Navas, who was shown a direct red card. http://www.cheapairmax90online.us/. Buffalos defensive co-ordinator had his second interview with Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner on Tuesday night, a person familiar with the Browns plans told The Associated Press. Air Max 90 2018 . - A late-game interception by defensive back Malcolm Butler saved the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots. Black Air Max 90 Shoes .com) - Ben Lovejoy tallied a goal and an assist as the Anaheim Ducks cruised into the All-Star break with a 6-3 victory against the Calgary Flames.NEW YORK – Three long balls and a healthy Hyun-Jin Ryu made it a gratifying night for the Dodgers. Adrian Gonzalez homered for the third straight game, Yasiel Puig and Hanley Ramirez hit back-to-back shots and Los Angeles defeated the New York Mets 4-3 on Wednesday. Ryu (4-2) came off the disabled list and pitched the Dodgers to their 11th victory in 12 meetings with the Mets dating to July 1, 2012. Ramirez drove in two runs and Los Angeles enjoyed most of the vocal support from the 23,721 fans at Citi Field, many of whom turned out to cheer Ryu. "I was faithful to my rehab and what the trainers told me. I felt good. I felt ready, mentally," Ryu said through a translator. "Im glad to be back and eager to get the team going in a winning direction." The lefty from South Korea, sidelined since late April with shoulder inflammation, went six innings and improved to 4-0 in five starts away from home this season. His return means the Dodgers have all five members of their projected rotation healthy together for the first time all year. "Like he was never on the DL at all," catcher A.J. Ellis said. "He was in razor form, and total command of all his pitches." Eric Campbell hit his first major league homer for the sputtering Mets, who fell to 5-14 in May with their sixth loss in seven games. David Wright, Juan Lagares and Wilmer Flores each had three of New Yorks 13 hits. Los Angeles managed only five – but all of them went for extra bases. "Who needs singles, right?" Ellis said. Jacob deGrom (0-2) gave up three solo homers over six innings in his second big league start. Pitching in place of injured Dillon Gee, the shaggy-haired righty wasnt quite as effective as last Thursday, when deGrom went seven innings in a 1-0 loss to the New York Yankees. Lagares tripled in the ninth and scored as second baseman Dee Gordon made a nice play on Daniel Murphys groundout. Kenley Jansen struck out Wright to end it. Campbell hit a two-run shot in the sixth, when the Mets finally got to Ryu with four hits. Chris Youngs double-play grounder prevented what could have been a much bigger inning. Ryu had thrown 33 straight shutout innings on the road since Sept. 24, 2013, at San Francisco. "The guys a workhorse. When its his time to pitch, he prepares himself better than a lot of people that Ive seen," Dodgers reliever Brian Wilsonn said.dddddddddddd "He knows what hes doing." Brandon League protected a 3-2 lead in the seventh, retiring Young with runners at second and third to end the inning. Wrights two-out double squirted a few feet behind a diving Puig in right, but Murphy didnt appear to be running hard all the way and was held up at third base. Los Angeles added an insurance run in the eighth when the Mets botched an opportunity for an inning-ending double play. Pinch-hitter Chone Figgins had a leadoff double against Jeurys Familia and scored on Ramirezs comebacker with runners at the corners. "I got a little confused because I didnt want to throw it away," Familia said. Wilson worked a scoreless inning and Jansen got three outs for his 13th save in 15 attempts. Gonzalez homered into the second deck in right field leading off the second, his 12th of the season. The slugger hit a two-run shot in the series opener Tuesday night and has nine hits in his past 16 at-bats. "I went where I wanted to go with the high fastball. He caught up to it," deGrom said. Its the third time this season Gonzalez has gone deep in at least three consecutive games. Puig sent a solo drive to left-centre in the sixth for his 10th of the year and Ramirez followed with his seventh, the second time the Dodgers have gone back-to-back this season. Puig has hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games, batting .408 with seven homers and 23 RBIs during that stretch. He was the NL co-player of the week last week. Ryu scattered five hits over the first five innings and struck out Curtis Granderson with the bases loaded to end the third. That left the Mets 6 for 41 (.146) with the bags full this season. NOTES: League hasnt allowed an earned run in 21 1-3 innings over 14 outings since April 16. … Gonzalez and Andre Ethier hit consecutive home runs April 4 against San Francisco. … Los Angeles placed 3B Juan Uribe (strained right hamstring) on the 15-day DL. Justin Turner started at 3B and went 0 for 4 against his former team. … Lagares returned from the Dominican Republic and was back in the lineup after missing Tuesday nights game because of a death in the family. … A college shortstop, deGrom singled to start the fifth and has the only two hits for Mets pitchers in 74 at-bats this season. … LHP Jonathon Niese (2-3, 2.54 ERA) faces Dodgers RHP Zack Greinke (7-1, 2.03) in the series finale Thursday night. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Back to the top
Quote post (#2537)Report post (#2537)
There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply