Skip navigation

FishingMobile

Cheyrou will slot in

Add topic

Cheyrou will slot in

LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland – Bode Miller wants to continue racing next season at the age of 37, even if this campaign left him disappointed. A third-place run in a World Cup super-G on Thursday typified Millers season: Fast and crowd-pleasing, but errors cost him victory. "Im frustrated and worn out right now but I think I have more to do in the sport," Miller said. "I definitely am still competitive. If I can keep my body healthy then I think the plan is to race next year." Millers racing skills were clear when he became the oldest-ever Olympic Alpine medallist last month, taking bronze in super-G at Sochi. On a steep and technically demanding slope Thursday, no one was faster than Millers speed check of 101.9 kph (63.3 mph). Still, he came down 0.57 seconds behind surprise winner Alexis Pinturault, with another Frenchman, Thomas Mermillod Blondin, edging him by one-hundredth. "I had probably two and half seconds, three seconds, worth of mistakes, in that run," Miller insisted. "That is the way my season has been. I have had to deal with that." Miller took full responsibility for his race, and a World Cup season that has brought him four podium finishes but no addition to his 33 career victories. "It has been such a frustrating time of so many near-misses and so many really bad, stupid mistakes that I cant blame anyone but myself for," he said. That list includes his top priority races: The classic World Cup downhill at Kitzbuehel, Austria, in January and the Olympic downhill last month. Miller finished third and eighth, respectively, when the best of his skiing was good enough to win, and his practice runs left some racers awe-struck. Here on Wednesday, Millers final downhill performance this season followed the same pattern. He led at the final time split – 0.30 faster than eventual winner Matthias Mayer of Austria, the Olympic champion – yet a mistake near the end took him wide into rough snow which slowed him. "These errors arent little bobbles, they are like borderline catastrophic," Miller explained. "(Wednesday) I just got so broken down about halfway down the course I didnt even care anymore. I wanted to stop. I didnt even really tuck through the finish line." Even standing up straight, he still placed eighth just 0.62 back. "I really wanted to change that today just because I think thats not the way to race," Miller acknowledged. "I just wanted to really stay focused to push every hundredth out of it that I could, even though I knew I was going to be out of the course a few times." "I felt good about battling through it," said the veteran racer, who has started a total of 32 World Cup and Olympics events this season after sitting out a year to recover from knee surgery. One incentive for returning strong next season is to race at the Feb. 2-15 world championships in front of home fans at Vail-Beaver Creek, Colorado. Thats for next season, after the current campaign closes with a giant slalom on Saturday. "Right now," Miller said, "I feel like I dont want to see ski boots for a little while." Red Auerbach Celtics Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. Greg Monroe Celtics Jersey . The Brazilian driver had the second-best time in last months tests at Jerez and said the "good start" could play to his advantage when the season gets underway in Australia in March. http://www.authenticcelticsteamproshop.com/Cheap-Robert-Parish-Celtics-Jersey/ . The Blue Jackets play Thursday night at New Jersey in their first game after the NHLs Olympic hiatus. A native of Trencin, Slovakia, Gaborik has represented his country at the 2006 and 2010 Olympics but was unable to play in Sochi because of his injury. Larry Bird Celtics Jersey . Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. Aron Baynes Celtics Jersey . Nick Young scored 17 points for Los Angeles, which lost five of its last seven before trouncing the Pelicans, who beat them handily last week in New Orleans. Jodie Meeks and Xavier Henry scored 15 points apiece for the Lakers, who led by 20 points in the first half before coasting to their 12th win in their last 13 regular-season meetings with New Orleans.TORONTO - Toronto FC heads down to Florida this weekend wearing a broad smile.Leaving snow and bitter cold for the Orlando sunshine is one reason for the happy face. But off the field, pieces have been falling into place for an MLS franchise still looking for a winning formula in its ninth season.Polish international defender Damien Perquis and veteran French midfielder Benoit Cheyrou both joined the club this week, adding skill and big-league experience from Europe in key positions.And a source confirmed Friday that Toronto is close to getting star playmaker Sebastian Giovinco earlier than expected.The 28-year-old Juventus forward is expected to arrive in time for the start of the season. Toronto announced the signing of Giovinco on Jan. 19 but said then that the five-foot-four Italian would come to MLS in July once his current contract expires.Giovinco, known as the Atomic Ant, has seen limited action with Juventus in recent days and his early arrival should be confirmed early next week.Having Giovinco for a full season will add to an already hefty payroll, but should not impact the salary cap since only a small amount of his pay as a designated player counts against the cap. More importantly, it will allow Toronto to immediately plug the Italian star into the lineup and start building around him.GM Tim Bezbatchenko was out of town Friday and head coach Greg Vanney said he could not confirm a date for Giovincos arrival.Obviously Im optimistic, said Vanney. Id love to be able to plug him into the team starting with the first game of the year.Toronto opens March 7 in Vancouver.Giovinco is expected to play in the hole behind newly acquired American international striker Jozy Altidore. The 33-year-old Cheyrou will slot in beside U.S. lynchpin Michael Bradley in central midfield while Perquis and Scottish veteran Steven Caldwell anchor the defence.The goal will be to find space for Giovinco to work his magic between the opposition midfield and backline.Toronto will look to Brazils Jackson, Canadian Jonathan Osorio, Daniel Lovitz and veteran Robbie Findley to patrol the flanks. There are younger optioons as well, like newly signed homegrown player Jay Chapman and Vanney even had teenage striker Jordan Hamilton seeing time on the wing Friday, but Bezbatchenko may well look to add another winger.dddddddddddd.The 30-year-old Perquis and Cheyrou are expected to join the team in Orlando, as are draft picks Micheal Ramos and Salvador Bernal. Brazilian winger Jackson remains at home, awaiting the birth of his child.Gilberto is also back in Brazil awaiting his fate. The Brazilian striker is the odd man out with Toronto, which is one over the limit of three designated players.Bradley and Altidore are with the U.S. national team and are not expected to join the team until Feb. 9 when the squad returns to Toronto for training. The team goes back to Florida on Feb. 16 and will be based out of Bradenton until its return March 1.Adding experience was a key goal for Toronto in the off-season. The feeling was the club had good young talent, but had to rely on some of it too much last season.Vanney, during his time at Bastia, played against Cheyrou in France and said he got word of the Frenchmans interest in coming to North America through Laurent Courtois, a mutual friend and former MLS player. Were very very happy that we managed to pull it off and get him, said Vanney. Hes an outstanding player whos won championships, with an immense amount of experience.Cheyrou is a left-foot midfielder who works hard on and off the ball, with a range of passing that is second to none, according to Vanney.He hits the 30-, 40-yard ball across the field like its a five-yard pass. Cheyrou will be especially important in July when Bradley is expected to be away with the U.S. team at the Gold Cup. Vanney made a point of including Collen Warner in his discussions about the midfield Friday, signalling that the five-year MLS veteran will also have a role to play.Well have an interesting midfield, no matter how it shapes up, said Vanney.We have some dangerous guys in a lot of places, he added. The team has the day off Saturday before boarding a plane Sunday to the Sunshine State.———Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply