Skip navigation

FishingMobile

the break but Pandev

Add topic

the break but Pandev

PORTLAND, Ore. - In a span of just 48 hours, LaMarcus Aldridge resigned himself to thumb surgery, reversed himself and decided to play through the pain, then led the Portland Trail Blazers to victory over the Washington Wizards.He cant sit out. He doesnt want to sit out. He loves this game and figures if hes got something to give, hes going to give, teammate Wesley Matthews said.The Blazers surprised many on Saturday when the team announced on Twitter that Aldridge had decided to put off surgery and would play that night against Washington.He responded with a team-high 26 points and nine rebounds in a 103-96 win to snap a two-game losing streak.He was sore after the game but said he was OK.Ill just play until its intolerable. Tonight, I thought it was tolerable, he said. It was hurting a little but it wasnt too much. Ill just keep going until I feel like Im not playing as good as I can, or I cant take it.The 6-foot-11 power forward leads Portland with averages of 23.3 points and 10.2 rebounds. Hes one of just three NBA players averaging at least 23 points and 10 rebounds.Aldridge had said on Thursday that he needed surgery to repair a ligament in his left thumb and was expected to miss from six to eight weeks.He hurt his thumb when his hand came down on the knee of Sacramentos DeMarcus Cousins in the second quarter of the Blazers 98-95 victory on Monday night.You cant say enough, coach Terry Stotts said about Aldridges return. That was big time. Not only coming back and playing through the injury but then not favouring it, going hard, not shying away from contact, being aggressive on both ends of the court — I mean, that was big time.The injury looked like a big blow to the Blazers, who were already dealing with a depleted front line. Center Robin Lopez is out with a fractured right hand and centre Joel Freeland is sidelined with a strained right shoulder.Starting small forward Nicolas Batum left Thursday nights 90-89 loss at home to the Boston Celtics after he aggravated a right wrist injury that had been bothering him. Batum did not play against Washington.Going into Saturdays victory, Portland had lost five of six games.Aldridge said the close loss to the Celtics impacted his decision, and that his doctors told him there was no harm in giving it a shot. In the past two days hed been able to move his thumb, which also factored into the decision.My idea now is to play the rest of the season, he said. But if it gets too much where I cant handle it or Im not playing at a very good level then Ill stop. But hopefully it goes well for us.If he gets through the season, hell have the surgery in the off-season, he said.In his ninth NBA season, all with Portland, Aldridge recently moved into second on the franchise list for both points (11,782) and rebounds (5,095). He trails only Clyde Drexler with 18,050 points and 5,339 rebounds.Blazers guard Damian Lillard said he greeted Aldridge with applause when he came into the locker room after his return was announced.I cant even sit here and tell you how big it is just for him to be out there, Lillard said. Sixty per cent, 70 per cent LaMarcus Aldridge is better than no LaMarcus at all.The Blazers embark on a four-game road trip that starts Monday against the Nets. Nike Shox NZ Clearance .S. Olympic hockey management team have been making what he called "ghost rosters" since August. Discount Nike Shox Shoes NZ . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Penguins (3) - Surrendered a tough first goal against on a deflection through the body short side. http://www.cheapnikeshoxnz.com/ . Marek Hamsik, who had earlier missed a penalty, headed Napoli in front in the 23rd minute and Pandev added a second goal five minutes from halftime. Alessandro Matri got Juventus back into the game just after the break but Pandev was on hand to score again in the 68th. Wholesale Nike Shox Shoes NZ .Y. - Major League Soccer is prepared to start its season this weekend even if there isnt a labour deal with its referees and other on-field officials. Nike Shox Shoes NZ . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization.Ben Stokes is fit and back bowling. Click on the video above to watch Stokes bowling for the first time after his return from a knee injury.Stokes bowled 14 wicketless overs for Durham on day one of their Specsavers County Championship match against Lancashire at Southport, conceding 37 runs. But he could and should have had a wicket, with Paul Collingwood surprisingly the guilty party when dropping Haseeb Hameed at first slip. It didnt prove too costly though with Hameed soon falling for 10 as Lancashire were bowled out for 204.Stokkes is fighting to prove his fitness in time for the second Test of the Investec Test series between England and Pakistan at Old Trafford on Friday.ddddddddddddWatch continued coverage of the first Test from Lords, with day three live on Sky Sports 2 from 10.30am. Cricket Writers on TV comes live from the ground beforehand at 10am. Also See: Fixtures/results Live cricket on Sky Get Sky Sports Cricket videos Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply