Skip navigation

FishingMobile

Springfield of the AHL.

Add topic

Springfield of the AHL.

CHARLESTON, S.C. – Eugenie Bouchard won five of the last six games to upset Jelena Jankovic 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 in the Family Circle Cup quarter-finals Friday. The 20-year-old Canadian beat the second-seeded Jankovic to reach the semifinals at a WTA tour event for the second time this season and fifth in her career. On Saturday, she plays 14th-seeded Andrea Petkovic as she seeks her first title – something Bouchard thinks shes more than ready for. "Every time I go into a tournament now and every match, I always believe I can win," she said. Even when she falls behind, as happened in her past two matches. Bouchard trailed in the third set against Venus Williams on Thursday and Jankovic this time before rallying to victories. "I feel confidence in myself," she said. Jankovic, a Serb once ranked No. 1, was the latest familiar name to be ousted before the weekend. The 2007 champion joined Serena and Venus Williams and past winners Sabine Lisicki and Sam Stosur. Jankovic was the highest-ranked player left in the field at No. 8. No. 3 seed Sara Errani was also upset in the quarterfinals, falling to 17-year-old qualifier Belinda Bencic. Bencic, who had to win twice last weekend simply to make the field, took over in the final two sets for a 4-6, 6-2, 6-1 victory over the 26-year-old Italian. Bencic hadnt made it past the second round in two previous WTA events this year and wasnt expecting to advance to her first tour semifinals "I was hoping for it and I was believing in me that it would come," she said. "Yeah, Im just really happy it came this week." Bencic is the first qualifier to advance this far at the Family Circle, an event where at least one of the top four seeds has reached the semifinals the previous 10 years. On Saturday, shell face unseeded Slovakian Jana Cepelova, who pulled off a final surprise when she easily beat 12th-seeded countrywoman Daniela Hantuchova 6-2, 6-1. Cepelova had defeated world No. 1 and two-time defending Family Circle champion Serena Williams on Tuesday night to start off a week of upsets. Either Bencic or Cepelova will be the first unseeded player in the finals since 2011 when Elena Vesnina lost the championship to Caroline Wozniacki. Errani looked confident and in control in the first set before getting overwhelmed by Bencic, who won 12 of the final 15 games. Errani talked to herself and even threw down her racket as Bencics crisp shots clipped lines and moved out of reach. Petkovic topped ninth-seeded Lucie Safarova 6-3, 1-6, 6-1. The 26-year-old German, ranked 40th in the world, had struggled in recent events. So Petkovic was pleased to shake off Safarova in the final set and advance to weekend play. "Im used to winning at least two, three matches and then losing to the top players, but it was a really tough few weeks for me in the past," she said. "So now Im just really, really happy and kind of relieved." Cepelova said the win over Serena Williams gave her a boost of energy shes carried throughout the work. "Playing against Serena I really learned so much and every match gave me more confidence," she said. Bouchard made it to the Australian Open semifinals this year, losing to eventual champion Li Na. In her only WTA final, she lost to Sam Stosur in Osaka in October. Bouchard trailed 2-1 in the final set. She then dug in to win the next three games and take control. Her steady, strong groundstrokes wore down Jankovic. "It was the third set and your concentration goes down a little bit if youre getting tired," Jankovic said. "It was so close. It could have went either way, if I was a little bit tougher out there and played certain points a little smarter." The two also met in the quarterfinals last year, and Jankovic won 6-2, 6-1. Bouchard was ranked No. 114 then, but shes 20th now. "Well, I didnt want it to be Groundhog Day today, for sure," Bouchard said. "Same tournament, same round, same opponent." Not the same result. Cheap Air Jordan 5 Australia . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much. Wholesale Jordan Retro 5 . With the Rangers already leading 2-0, Carey Price was taken down early in the second period of New Yorks 7-2 pounding of the Canadiens in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final on Saturday afternoon. http://www.cheapairjordan5australia.com/ . Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. Cheap Jordan 5 Retro Australia . Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order. Jordan 5 Cheap For Sale . 22 because of a bruised foot and have added forward Sean Collins to the roster on emergency recall from Springfield of the AHL. WASHINGTON – Two-time major champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia ended her four-year WTA title drought Sunday, beating Kurumi Nara of Japan 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in the Citi Open. Asked if it felt like so much time had passed since she won a tournament, Kuznetsova smiled broadly and replied: "It feels like its been too long." It was the 14th tournament victory for the 29-year-old Kuznetsova, but her first since she won at San Diego in August 2010. Her collection includes trophies from the 2004 U.S. Open and 2009 French Open. "I work very hard every day, trying to improve things. After you win Slams, not winning tournaments – its really hard," Kuznetsova said. At 4-all in the final set, with Kuznetsova serving, they played the longest game of the match, with 16 points, five deuces and one break point. "I got a little bit paralyzed and was getting tight, and Im happy I overcame this feeling today," Kuznetsova said. "But definitely, didnt play my best tennis in the end of second and third set." Still, Kuznetsova eventually held to lead 5-4, then broke Nara in the next game to end it. Naraa said she "tried (to) focus again" when serving to stay in the match, but Kuznetsova would not allow her to play as aggressively as she wanted.dddddddddddd "She hit a very heavy ball, so I cannot go very (easily) into the court," Nara said. Kuznetsova, who was seeded sixth and ranked 26th, had never played in Washingtons hard-court tuneup for the U.S. Open. She said that when she was trying to decide whether to enter the Citi Open or the WTA tournament at Stanford, California, the same week, some other players tried to persuade her to skip Washington, saying the citys heat is too tough and that in the past, the tournament didnt have top-level facilities such as the gym or locker room. But she liked that it was on the East Coast and a short flight to Canada for next weeks hard-court tour stop. And, in the end, Kuznetsova left town with a trophy. The unseeded Nara, who was bidding for her second singles title of 2014, also was the runner-up in doubles at the Citi Open. "I like Washington," Nara said. "Hopefully, I (will) come back next hear. I like U.S. hard courts." China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply