Skip navigation

FishingMobile

Sunday, meaning Reimer

ReplyAdd topic

Sunday, meaning Reimer

PHOENIX – Brad Ziegler and the Arizona Diamondbacks are treading water in the NL West. Paul Goldschmidt hit a two-run home run in the first inning and Trevor Cahill and three relievers made it stand up in Arizonas 2-1 win over Los Angeles on Monday night. With Los Angeles fourth loss in a row and the Diamondbacks third straight win, the Dodgers magic number to clinch the NL West remains four. The win also means the Dodgers will need to win the final two games of the three-game series to celebrate on the Diamondbacks home field. "Until we are mathematically eliminated we have to win every night," Ziegler said. "Weve got to go at it, especially when we are playing the team we are chasing. Los Angeles has lost 11 of 12 but the Dodgers once 13 1/2-game lead over Arizona only has shrunk to 9 1/2 with 12 games to play. The Diamondbacks are only in slightly better shape in the NL wildcard race, trailing the trio of Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Cincinnati by eight games with Washington three games ahead. "We cant worry about what they are all doing," Ziegler said. "We have to go out and play our game." The Diamondbacks managed only two hits against Los Angeles starter Hyun-Jin Ryu, marking the third time in club history they have won with two hits or fewer. "We were fortunate but sometimes you have to win 2-1 with two hits," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "We got two hits but we made the most of them." Goldschmidt raised his NL-leading RBI total to 116 with his 33rd home run off Ryu (13-7). Goldschmidt has homered in each of his last two games after an 83-at-bat drought. "He threw a fastball first pitch and I was looking for something over the plate," Goldschmidt said. "(Ryu) pitched great." Ryu (13-7) went the distance for his second complete game. He walked one, struck out four and retired 23 of the final 24 batters he faced. "I threw 100 pitches but that one pitch was the decision-maker of the game," Ryu said. "It was an error on my part. I believe no matter how good a pitch it was. If it is a home run, its a mistake." Cahill (7-10) won for the fourth straight decision, holding Los Angeles to one run on two hits over 5 2/3 innings. Ziegler pitched the ninth for his 11th save but not without some drama. Michael Young hit a pinch-hit single to centre and Skip Schumaker singled to left. Juan Uribe tried to bunt the runners over, but Ziegler fielded the ball and threw to third to force Young for the first out. Nick Buss hit a soft bouncer to first for the second out as the runners advanced. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly then sent up Matt Kemp, who was activated off the 15-day disabled list earlier Monday. Ziegler got ahead 0-2 on two swinging strikes, wasted a pitch and then struck out Kemp on a lunging swing at on a curveball well low and outside.. "Ive faced him a lot even before I got to Arizona, facing him in batting practice," Ziegler said. "I know what hed trying to do and he knows what he wants to do against me. Luckily, I came out on top tonight." Cahill was nearly untouchable over the first five innings, allowing only a single by Punto to start the game and a two-out walk to Puig in the first before retiring the next 13 in a row. But the right-hander quickly ran into trouble in the sixth with the Diamondbacks still holding a 2-0 lead. Cahill walked Ryu, Punto doubled to the wall in left-centre and Mark Ellis walked to load the bases. Cahill retired Adrian Gonzalez on a line drive to left and the runners held, but he then walked Puig to force home Ryu and cut Arizonas lead to 2-1. Josh Collmenter came in on a double switch and escaped the jam, striking out A.J. Ellis and getting Schumaker on a broken-bat grounder to second to leave the bases loaded. "Hes done that in the past," Gibson said of Cahill. "He just starts to lose it. You could just see he was aiming the ball." NOTES: Goldschmidt is tied with Reggie Sanders for eighth place on Arizonas single-season home run list and moved into sole possession of third place in RBIs behind Matt Williams 142 in 1999 and Luis Gonzalezs 142 in 2000. … Cahill has not pitched past the sixth since August 22, a span of four starts. … Ryus other complete game came on May 28 when he threw a two-hit shutout against the Los Angeles Angels. Air Max Clearance Nz . Dwyane Wade followed a few days later. Air Max Nz Online . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. http://www.airmaxnz.com/ . – Rodney Stuckey scored 15 of his 21 points in the second half, and the Detroit Pistons beat the New York Knicks for the first time in eight meetings, 92-86 on Tuesday night. Cheap Air Max Nz . – Orleans Darkwa ran in from 1 yard with 1:45 left, and the Miami Dolphins rallied from two scores down in the final minutes to beat the Dallas Cowboys 25-20 on Saturday night. Cheap Air Max Nz Free Shipping . – Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years.The Toronto Maple Leafs have picked a bad time to go on a four-game losing streak, but the struggling club hopes to end its slide Sunday evening in New Jersey. Toronto has dropped four straight in regulation and has five losses in its last six games. The rough patch has the Maple Leafs barely hanging on to a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with 80 points. The Leafs are one point in front of Detroit for the first wild card spot. The Red Wings currently occupy the second wild card, but are tied in the standings with Washington. Meanwhile, the Columbus Blue Jackets are lurking just two points behind Toronto. The Red Wings and Blue Jackets have games on Sunday, while Washington is off. The Devils, meanwhile, are six points behind Detroit for the last playoff spot in the East. New Jersey also hasnt helped its postseason cause lately with four losses in five games. Torontos most recent setback came in Saturdays home test against the rival Montreal Canadiens. Tomas Plekanec scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and the Habs held on for the 4-3 win at Air Canada Centre. The Leafs are 0-4 with Reimer in net since starting goalie Jonathan Bernier went down with a groin injury on March 13 in Los Angeles. Bernier is nearing a return from his injury but he didnt make the trip to New Jersey on Sunday, meaning Reimer could get another start. Some good news for the Maple Leafs? Center Dave Bolland played his first game Saturday since suffering a severed tendon in his ankle on Nov. 2. "I felt great," said Bolland. "I felt good with everything that was going on out there." Bolland had one shot in nine minutes and Joffrey Lupul, Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri scored Torontos goals. Reimer stopped 32 shots in the loss. "We win and lose as a team," said Carlyle. "The work ethic of our group has been strong. Our execution is the area we need to get better at." Toronto hopes to continue its recent dominance of the Devils on Sunday. The Maple Leafs have won the last six encounterss in this series overall and have claimed three straight and four of five in New Jersey.dddddddddddd Both meetings between the clubs this season have ended in shootouts. James van Riemsdyk, a native of New Jersey, provided the decisive shootout goal for Toronto on both occasions. Sundays game will mark Toronto forward David Clarksons first game back in New Jersey. Clarkson, who played in 426 games for the Devils, had a 30-goal season for Jersey in 2011-12 but left the Garden State over the summer to sign a seven-year, $36.75 million contract with Toronto. It has been a trying first season with the Leafs for Clarkson. The 29-year-old has missed significant time due to suspensions and injuries and only has four goals and six assists in 49 games this season. Clarkson has so far failed to register a point in two games against the Devils in 2013-14. "I would be lying if I said (this game) was something that you dont think about," Clarkson told NorthJersey.com. "I dont know how the fans will act, but I am looking forward to going back." The Devils were blanked in Saturdays home battle against the New York Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist recorded his 50th career shutout, a new franchise record, to help New York record the 2-0 win at Prudential Center. The loss dropped New Jersey nine points behind the Rangers for third place in the Metropolitan Division. Martin Brodeur was solid in defeat, stopping 25-of-26 shots for the Devils, who only have 11 games left to make a playoff push. "Weve got to regroup because we have a game tomorrow and it starts right there," said New Jersey forward Stephen Gionta. "Were going to have to claw our way back because were not going to give up until the end." New Jersey fell to 1-2-0 on a crucial five-game homestand after Saturdays setback and the club is 17-10-7 as the host this season. Cory Schneider will get the call in net for New Jersey on Sunday. He is 0-2 with a 1.40 goals against average in two career games against Toronto. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Back to the top
Quote post (#2316)Report post (#2316)
There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply