Skip navigation

FishingMobile

Mickelson will be watching the final

Add topic

AUGUSTA, Ga. – Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years. And its no mystery why. "Its tough to overcome those big numbers," Mickelson said Friday after a 1-over 73. Mickelson made two triple bogeys at Augusta National two years ago and nearly won another green jacket. After making two of them in consecutive days this year he missed the cut for only the second time. He was at 5-over 149. Mickelson could have fired up a private jet to head home after he signed his card, except that the Masters changed its cut policy this year. The top 50 and ties – up from the top 44 – made the cut. "Its right on the bubble," he said before the cut was decided. "I dont want to be looking for the leaderboard, but Im always fighting to make the weekend, it seems like." Lefty came up short this time. Mickelson was chipping from about 30 feet away on No. 7 in the opening round when it rolled off the green and led to a triple bogey. And then on Friday, watching him play the par-3 12th hole was like watching a tennis match. His tee shot cleared Raes Creek – typically the first big concern – and found the front bunker. His next shot sailed over the green and fell into the side of the back bunker. From there, he blasted through the green and back into the same bunker where his troubles began. He got that out to about 18 feet and two-putted for a triple bogey. Throw in that double bogey on the par-5 15th in the opening round when his wedge spun back off the green and into the water, and its clear why Mickelsons bid to join Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer with a fourth Masters title dissolved rather quickly. "What happened at 12 was I hit in the front bunker, and there was no sand where I was at," Mickelson said. "I caught the liner of the bunker and bladed it across the green and the same thing happened on the other side. It went back and forth, three bunkers, before I finally got it to stay on grass." Mickelson, who withdrew after two rounds at Torrey Pines because of a sore back, pulled out on the weekend of the Texas Open with a pulled muscle in his oblique. But he said injuries were not the problem this week. What concerned Mickelson was not playing enough going into the Masters. He said he was worried that he might not be sharp, and he was right. "Thats what Ive been nervous about is having a hole like 7 (Thursday), a hole like 12 today," Mickelson said. "… Instead of one sliding, two or three are going away. Thats the kind of stuff when youre playing tournament golf and youre mentally sharp you dont do." Mickelson last missed the cut at Augusta in 1997, the year Woods won by a record 12 shots. He said hell likely watch the rest if tournament on television. "Its an exciting tournament. I probably will," Mickelson said. "Kind of be my punishment." Jordan 1 Retro Sale Nz .com) - The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Nz .com) - Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeVeon Bell, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Elvis Dumervil and New England Patriots punter Ryan Allen were selected as the AFCs top players for Week 14 of the NFL season. http://www.cheapairjordan1nz.com/. The four-time Grand Slam champion has beaten Hantuchova nine straight times, with the Slovaks only win coming when they first played 10 years ago. "I had a tough first opponent who can play extremely good tennis," Sharapova said. Wholesale Air Jordan 1 Nz Cheap . The goals took Liverpools tally in the Premier League this season to 70, overtaking Manchester City as the top scorers, and left the fourth-place team just four points behind league leader Chelsea. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Nz Online . – John Senden never imagined it would take more than seven years to win again.Washington Capitals wing Alex Ovechkin and Vezina Trophy-winning goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky will lead Russia in the world ice hockey championship starting in Minsk, Belarus, on Friday. Just seven players, including captain Ovechkin, have survived from the squad that lost to Finland in the Sochi Olympic quarterfinals. One notable absentee was former New Jersey Devils wing Ilya Kovalchuk, now playing for SKA St. Petersburg, who was injured. Carolina Hurricanes goaltender Anton Khudobin was on track to play at his first worlds after a breakout NHL season saw him post a save percentage of .926, fifth best in the league. Only NHL players whose teams have been eliminated from the playoffs were eligible for the squad announced on Tuesday by the Russian Hockey Federation, but more players can be added later on. The worlds are the first major competition for new Russia coach Oleg Znarok. He has been tasked with reviving the team after it failed to win a medal at Sochi. Russia is to play Switzerland, Finland, the United States, Kazakhstan, Lattvia, Germany and Belarus in the group stage.dddddddddddd The squad includes 26 names, one more than the maximum allowed by the International Ice Hockey Federation for the championship. Of the 26, eight play in the NHL, with the remaining 16 all drawn from the Kontinental Hockey League. That included defenceman Anton Belov, who left the Edmonton Oilers for Russian team SKA. Among the other NHL players named were Washington Capitals defenceman Dmitry Orlov and wing Evgeny Kuznetsov, who at 21 was the youngest on the team. —— Russia: Sergei Bobrovsky, Andrei Vasilevsky, Anton Khudobin, Anton Belov, Denis Denisov, Nikita Zaitsev, Andrei Zubarev, Alexander Kutuzov, Evgeny Medvedev, Dmitry Orlov, Maxim Chudinov, Egor Yakovlev, Artem Anisimov, Alexander Burmistrov, Evgeny Dadonov, Danis Zaripov, Ilya Zubov, Sergei Kalinin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Nikolai Kulemin, Andrei Loktionov, Alex Ovechkin, Sergei Plotnikov, Viktor Tikhonov, Vadim Shipachev, Sergei Shirokov. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply