Skip navigation

FishingMobile

Is this APP being supported any Further? It seems great but the most important map function is broken.

Add topic

Is this APP being supported any Further? It seems great but the most important map function is broken.

Hello Everyone,

I've always been a huge fisherman and into boating as well as shore/stream fishing.  Trolling, casting, ice fishing been doing it for years.  I was looking for a good app and this app literally seems awesome with almost every feature i could use.  The only down side is the map which shows your logs does not work properly it wont let me zoom or move the location to view logs ive made.  It also seems very buggy right now.  Just wondering if this is something that is going to be further developed or should I fork up  the 3 bucks for the not free log.  Either way I'll keep an eye on this.  It would be cool if there was some social media aspect to this and info could be shared(only info we want to give away) or see other users on the water.  I'll be on Lake Champlain in VT this summmer and am looking to here some news on this.

Good Fishin
Greg
Back to the top

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your feedback :). The app most certainly is under very active development. We made a new release last Monday, and we'll be making another new release soon. The app is still fairly new so tuning things and responding to users is the main focus right now.

There are a couple of separate aspects to the answer on this…

1) Some users have been reporting problems with the map, and I think it may be an Internet connectivity problem. Going out of the map, then back in, will sometimes fix the problem.
1b) There are also a few small bugs on the map, and we're prioritising the fixes.

2) The map isn't really to do with viewing fish logs, although that is something we're definitely considering for the future. The main purpose of the map is in route planning and route logging - creating waypoints and strike markers.
Back to the top

Hello,

I would like to address a couple of issues that I encountered by starting to use this excellent app.

First: (and very important for me) No way to manually input fish species. This is crucial option for somebody fishing freshwater in South Florida, which is home for large number of non-native species.

Second: No edit/delete option for the Fish log in mobile app. (need to use My Fishing Hole from web)

Third: Photos not uploading correctly from mobile app. If you upload photo from web page it seems to be OK on the web, but if you select photo from mobile app you will get only white screen.

Fourth: Unit Conversion from US to metric is incorrect. Entry of 5 lb. in my fish log is converted as 4 kg 679.59 g (should be 2kg and 268g). Length Conversion is correct.

Fifth: Length should be kept in inches and not converted in the foot

Otherwise I really like this app. With couple of fixes could become “Swiss Army knife” app for anglers.

Back to the top

Hi Adi,

Thanks for the feedback :).

1 - I've started an internal discussion on this.

2 - It would be very useful. We'll be looking into this.

3 - I'll look into this. Just in case it is phone-specific, could you let me know your phone model and version of Android?

4 - Ah, I'll track that down.

5 - A bit ambitious to only measure in feet I guess ;). I'll get a thorough review of how we handle units done.
Back to the top

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your quick response. My device is Galaxy S4 and running Android KitKat 4.4.2. And for the length conversion I just noticed that on the mobile device is showing length in inches as I entered, it is only on the web site that is converted in to the foot. ( really not a big deal!)

Back to the top

I am sorry! Forgot to login into forum before posting replay. The previous post was from me ( Adi )
Back to the top

Hey. I've previously downloaded your app and so far I really like it alot. I'm a fairly green fisher. But I'm looking to get more into it. I'm unable to view any of the fishing rigs in the app.it just states "this document can't be opened." I have a galaxy s4 running 4.4.2. Is it something I'm doing? Do I need another app to see them?
Thanks in advance!
Back to the top

Sorry I forgot to log in. That's my post above.
Back to the top

Hi Tambo,

Welcome to the forum :).

I believe you need to install a PDF viewer app on the phone. If I understand correctly, some phones have this built in, and others don't, but that you can install one to make it work. We're thinking about removing this dependency in the future but we need to take a closer look at it first.
Back to the top

Thanks for the quick reply. My phone comes with Polaris office 5. So I tried adobe too. Both still gave me errors. I looked for the tables manually on the phone and they aren't there.  Do I need to download them separately?  I also tried un installing and reinstalling to see if they'd install then. But they didnt. I tried a 3rd pdf viewer too just in case. Same thing. So how can I go about getting them installed? They should've installed with the app right?
Back to the top

We'll take a look, but for now you can also find them on the website – see Resources above :).
Back to the top

Adi said

Hello,

I would like to address a couple of issues that I encountered by starting to use this excellent app.

First: (and very important for me) No way to manually input fish species. This is crucial option for somebody fishing freshwater in South Florida, which is home for large number of non-native species.

Second: No edit/delete option for the Fish log in mobile app. (need to use My Fishing Hole from web)

Third: Photos not uploading correctly from mobile app. If you upload photo from web page it seems to be OK on the web, but if you select photo from mobile app you will get only white screen.

Fourth: Unit Conversion from US to metric is incorrect. Entry of 5 lb. in my fish log is converted as 4 kg 679.59 g (should be 2kg and 268g). Length Conversion is correct.

Fifth: Length should be kept in inches and not converted in the foot

Otherwise I really like this app. With couple of fixes could become “Swiss Army knife” app for anglers.

I too, am very interested in these suggested changes.  I would like to add a suggestion to be able to SEARCH for a Fish species by Typing in the name .. lots of fish in the world.

Also, when I looked was not able to find Atlantic Striped Bass.
hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striped_bass
Back to the top

Hi Wabbit,

1/3/4/5 should all be fixed already, so it should just be 2 (edit/delete of logs within the app). This is still very much something planned, just a matter of getting to it :).

Searching for species is also an important thing we are planning. I agree, there are a lot of variant names, and users might either not know the particular primary name we picked, or have a wish to scroll through. So we plan to allow searching by any common variant name and also the latin names.

Best,
Chris
Back to the top

Is this APP being supported any Further? It

Hello my name is billy I'm new here can you tell me something about this app
Back to the top

billy Fortson said

Hello my name is billy I'm new here can you tell me something about this app

Hey Billy, what would you like to know :)?
Back to the top

2018-11-6 xiaozhengzheng
christian louboutin outlet
pandora charms
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet online
coach outlet
true religion outlet
ralph lauren uk
canada goose jackets
canada goose jackets
giuseppe zanotti shoes
oakley sunglasses
moncler outlet online
coach outlet store online
uggs outlet
pandora outlet
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
pandora jewelry outlet
tory burch outlet
moncler jackets
ugg boots
ralph lauren outlet
christian louboutin shoes
canada goose outlet
coach outlet
lebron shoes
canada goose
polo ralph lauren
adidas outlet store
polo outlet
canada goose outlet store
kate spade purses
yeezy boost
hermes belts
coach outlet online
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet online
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
pandora charms
yeezy boost 350
yeezy boost 350
michael kors outlet
uggs outlet
polo outlet
prada outlet store
ugg boots outlet
ray bans
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
pandora rings
oakley sunglasses wholesale
pandora charms
polo ralph lauren outlet online
pandora charms
coach outlet
kate spade outlet
kate spade sale
coach outlet
canada goose uk
coach factory outlet
mbt outlet
polo ralph lauren
mulberry uk
polo shirts
canada goose jackets
pandora charms
polo outlet
mulberry bags
michael kors outlet
mlb jerseys wholesale
cheap ugg boots
canada goose jackets
coach factory outlet
coach outlet online
polo pas cher
cheap jerseys
ralph lauren uk
mont blanc pens
coach outlet online
north face
coach outlet
louboutin
kate spade outlet online
coach outlet online
jordan shoes
polo outlet
coach outlet online
adidas yeezy shoes
adidas superstar
ugg boots clearance
ugg boots clearance
christian louboutin
canada goose outlet
red bottoms
supreme t shirts
ralph lauren polo shirts
kate spade outlet online
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 member have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply